for Dranoff Piano Slam 9 Competition
1. All poetry and creative writing must conform to the rules of Dade County Public Schools.
2. All poems’ writing must be legible and easy to read.
3.Participating students should listen to and reference Dranoff’s “Migrant Voyage", MUSIC or musical terms in their poetry.
4. All poems must have a reaction or reference to “Migrant Voyage” and/or your feelings/experience about music in Miami including words regarding the components of music. For example: songs, beat, tunes, rhythm, percussion, sounds, minor, major, acoustic, harmony, rap, rock, soul, Jazz, hip-hop, playlist, lyric, melody, hymn, vocal, anthem, etc.
5. All poems must have a completed Dranoff application form attached.
6. You may enter a maximum of 2 poems.
7. If you’re a winner, you must attend the coaching workshops, rehearsal and concert on Thursday, February 16, 2017 at the Adrienne Arsht Center of the Performing Arts to receive your prize.
DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSION:
December 21, 2016
Use the links below to download
current guidelines & applications
Click here to download
Student Competition Guidelines
General & STEM pdf applications are in fillable format.
Please type in your information, save as pdf to your
computer, attach and send to
Click on the link above to download & save the document to your computer.
Fill it out and send it as an attachment to PianoSlam@dranoff2piano.org